Thursday, August 13, 2009

WHAT is your quest? A pic with Andy Davis, that's what.

I love it when you find something out there that makes you wonder where it's been all your life. Recently my friend Holly introduced me to the musical genius that is Andy Davis. She sent me a video and told me that she knew I was going to love him, and the first time I played it I realized that she was more than right. And then... I found this. (Sigh.) He is very good. He is also going to be at UNA very soon, and I am going to do my best to pass myself off as a college freshman and participate in the wonderfulness that will follow.

One of the most exciting parts of this opportunity is the chance to redeem myself from my moment of star-struckedness a few months ago at the Joshua Radin concert. The short version is this: Nicole and I went to Nashville to meet Holly and Gina for an evening with the great Joshua Radin. He was better than good. He was amazing, I nearly wet my pants, and I screamed and giggled like a schoolgirl the entire time. I think Holly may have even flung her bespectacled self at the stage when he sang, "Lisa Loeb glasses, I'd sure like to ask you to stay". Fast forward to the end of the concert. There we are, three public relations professionals and a public schoolteacher standing outside the Exit/In chattering and saying goodbyes, when who should come walking toward us on the sidewalk - alone and in a toboggan, no less - but Joshua himself. He even slowed down and looked right at us when he walked by, clearly expecting us to ask for an autograph, a picture, something. What do three PR professionals and a public schoolteacher do in a situation like this? Stand frozen with our mouths open, paralyzed with utter disbelief, that's what. He walked within three feet of me, and I just stood there like I was Mr. Tumnus or Kalijah or something.

So, where the picture of me and Joshua should be, there's just a sad spot on my wall. But... I have another shot, theoretically, with Andy Davis, and I plan to make the most of it. Stay tuned for updates on my quest to get a pic with Andy...

In the meantime, enjoy this little jewel:

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! You will succeed, my dear, and earn redemption! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be sure to smack me in the head if I do this again... I mean, he could be my prince charming! Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete