Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home (Oh, and hello again)

Well... hello. To say that I am a terrible blogger would be so much of an understatement that I'll forego the apologies and just say that, after over a YEAR, I've decided to start blogging again. I have so much to say (read: write about) that the blogosphere is calling my name. So here I am.

What's happened in the past year? There's really no way to describe how much my life has changed since my last post. I've thought about it for some time, and the only way I can think to sum it all up is this: in the past year, I've come home.

On January 1 of last year, we started a new work with the Killen Church of Christ. We started out full of excitement and anticipation, with a little apprehension thrown in for good measure. And what we quickly realized was that everything about Killen - the people, the elders, the programs, the mission, just everything - was exactly right for us. Ever since I graduated from high school, when people ask, "What's your home congregation?", I have told them Rogersville. And that is still true in the sense that it is and always will be the church that helped mold me into who I am. But sometime in the past year, before I even realized it, the answer to that question somehow became Killen. It's home. It's where we belong. And we are so grateful.

And only a few weeks after that amazing life change, we discovered that we were expecting. A baby, that is. Back the truck up... now there's a life change for ya! It would be impossible to go back and relive all the incredible emotions (and incredible weight gain) of the next several months. But if you'll allow me to fast forward to November 2, our precious boy was born. Brennan is the cutest little thing you have ever seen. I guarantee it. I know I'm his momma, but it's still the truth. And again, it's been like coming home. He just makes everything click. Having a kid forces you to slow down (even if you thought you already did), and it forces you to "ponder these things in your heart". We have nightly rituals now, and traditions, and so much to look forward to.

I have lots of posts already building up in my mind, but it was only right to start with this one. I go back and read what I wrote in 2009, and I am still that person. Only, hopefully, a little better. A little better and a little more at home.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all are home at Killen. I enjoy every time I get to come back. I definitely still call it "Home." Sure, I love college and all, but I wish I could have enjoyed just a few more years in high school with the youth group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, friend. I agree w all the baby changes & I'm glad you have a new "home" in various places now. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan, we love your family like our own! You guys have been so good to us. We miss you, though! :)

    S - I miss you, my friend. And our little home on Chestnut Street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori!! I didn't know you were a blogger. I have not blogged in well over a year but I am thinking about starting back. I am so glad you guys are loving Killen so much. I also agree that Brennan in the sweetest, cutest little boy, aside from Camden of course...lol. I love my little cousin and am so thankful for the newest little addition to our family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete